Technical progresses in reproductive medicine has led to enhanced strategies for genetic disease, and the most rapidly surfacing technique which gives our patients the ability to conceive a child of the desired gender.
Gender Selection — the unique technologies of Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (PGD) helps our fertility specialists determine the gender of the pre-embryo(s) generated for couples who are seeking family balancing through assisted reproductive treatment.
The PGD procedure is the most precise way to determine if an embryo is male (XY) or female (XX) with nearly 100% accuracy.
PGD is also resourceful to determine the gender as some genetic conditions affect one gender, for example hemophilia and muscular dystrophy.
Additionally, PGD is a highly advanced scientific technique to diagnose embryos for specific genetic or chromosomal abnormalities before implantation to maximize the chance of a successful pregnancy.
Family Balancing for Couples
Couples who already have at least one child of a particular sex and are interested in having another child of the opposite sex extreme joy using our highly successful PGD procedure in our high-tech, Reproductive Medicine Institute.
Once fertilization has occurred during the IVF process, the eggs begin dividing as they grow into pre-embryos. Our fertility experts microscopically remove one of the blastomeres from all the pre-embryos and submit them to the lab. Once lab testing is completed, the results will identify the gender of each pre-embryo submitted for testing as male (XY) or female (XX).
Typically, one or two of the pre-embryos of the desired sex are selected to be placed into the uterus during the IVF embryo transfer.
Good Candidates for Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis
With Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (PGD) in Tijuana, you have access to proven expertise, advanced technology and unwavering dedication that you can count on. Good candidates for PGD include:
- Couples seeking family balancing
- those who are at risk of having a child with an inherited genetic condition
- people who have had recurrent miscarriage
- those having had repeated embryo transfers without pregnancy
- those where one is known to have a chromosome rearrangement
- anyone having a previous chromosomal abnormality in a pregnancy
- when the female partner is older (usually to test for Down syndrome where the female partner is over 38 years old)
- couples who would find it difficult to consider termination of an affected pregnancy
Get a FREE quote for Gender Selection IVF
Once you click the button you will receive your quote in your email within a few minutes and we will never spam you.